IT teacher for Alsama/tech
Alsama Tech is looking for a full-time and a part-time IT teacher for its teenager education institute in the Shatila camp in Beirut. Please consult the Alsama Project website carefully before applying.
Application deadline: Sunday 26th June, 2022
- You will be teaching students in Grade 3-7, age range 12-18 years-old.
- You will be teaching two to four 90 minute lessons per day (depending whether you are full-time or part-time). You will be teaching both beginner and more advanced students.
- Your lessons typically take place between 10:30am to 4:30pm.
- You will also be expected to spend around an hour per day on non-classroom related activities. These activities will include lesson preparation, organisation and collaboration with your colleagues, and feedback and status reporting to the program lead.
Requirements for eligibility
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience teaching a technical subject, ideally related to software development.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- You need to be willing to work in refugee camps in Beirut, Lebanon.
- You are able to adapt your teaching style to the needs of Alsama students.
- You enjoy working in small, dynamic teams and are keen to develop you own skills further.
- Please only apply if you are able to be present in Shatila 5 days a week.
How to apply
Please read the following instructions carefully. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- 1 page CV
- 1 minute Selfie-video on ‘what am I most proud of having achieved’ (linked to accomplishments/work on your CV).
- 1 page cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why Alsama?
- What is your experience teaching with a student-centered approach?
- How do you embody Commitment + Collaboration + Ambition?
- Minimum 2 References (name, phone number, email, role, organisation).